|Address:||Village/Town of Mount Kisco|
|40 Green Street|
|Mount Kisco, NY 10549|
|Members (3 Year Terms)||Terms|
Landmark & Historical Preservation Commission
The purpose of the Commission is to maintain and manage the historic properties under its jurisdiction in a spirit of stewardship and trusteeship for future generations through a historic preservation program as the Village Board of Trustees deems appropriate and pursuant to General Municipal Law of the State of New York, Article 5-K entitled Historic Preservation, Section 119-dd.
The work of the Commission is to include, but not be limited to the following:
- Maintaining a permanent inventory of all local landmarks, historic properties, and
- Operating and managing a public information center at 55 Maple Avenue, Mount Kisco, NY
- Kisco, New York to display artifacts, distribute literature, and maps to the general public seeking information on local historic sites.
- Recommending regulations, special conditions and restrictions for protection, enhancement, perpetuation and use of places, districts, sites, buildings, structures, works of art and other objects of interest or historical value. Such regulations, special conditions, and restrictions may include appropriate and reasonable control of the use or appearance of neighboring property within the public view, or both.
- Preparing an Annual Local Preservation Report, including a statement of the present status of historic preservation activities relating to the study, designation, protection, restoration, rehabilitation and use of buildings, structures, statues, or other objects significant to the history of the Village/Town of Mount Kisco; and any public events and educational activities performed.